Thursday, 17 March 2011

Day 1 in blogging

This blog is going to be used to help and guide me on my essay in a univercity project of a subject I chose, this subject I have gone for is about sound and music, mainly in video game but more so how alot of music can often be the most Iconic feature from it, also how much music can make such an impact on a player. I could go on much much more however this blog is just a place where I can get my feelings down and if I find something intersting I can add it so that it could hopefully help later on while I work on the essay. 

Today I had a meeting with one of my tutors about the essay I want to do for Uni, which raised a number of different things. And it also cleared a few quries in which I had, so it's nice to have them cleared up. I've started this blog in which I can edit and updated and use for my I map in a way in which I have freedom and it'll leave to alot less stress on my part. I can update every day and if I find something in which will help I can easily update here.

Anyway back to the Essay. Meeting with  my tutor gave me a fair bit to think about. One of which is how Sound and music can link all the way back to tribes and as long as theres an object such as a log or rocks we can still make music and sound, which will get a reaction from another person, how music connects everyone in one way shape or form.

This could also be true with sounds from games and such, for example Tetris, the theme from the game is a classic, maybe not everyone would of heard of it but i'm pretty sure that if I were to ask someone if they knew the Tetris theme they would know it, or Maybe the Mario Theme. Then again this is just my opinion but it shows that music can be a way of socializing.

Ok back to the point, Again when I was talking with my tutor he gave me a few things to have a look at, This combined with 2 more things to consider looking at and these are.

Jean Michelle Jarre
BBC Foley ( in particular Dr Who)
Van Geleis
Michel Chion, Audio-Vision
Rudolf Arnheim's View about the negative effect of Dialogue when introduced to cinema in 1920/1930's

To end this first blog post  something one of my housemates said to me and that is more can be less.....And to finish this is a video that I just find amazing and fills me with so many emotions...the way the music and animations rely on one another is amazing...and without to music it just isn't the same....

http://vimeo.com/14803194

Thank you for reading and I'll try to update tommorow! ( well....later since it's technically 3 am now and I had to get this all down before I sleep and forget it all

No comments:

Post a Comment