X_X I need to update more frequently but it's kind of hard while i'm away >.<.
Anyway I mentioned Rudolf Arnheim in an earlier post. Rudolf was a German-born author, art and film theorist and perceptual psychologist. He was born in July 15, 1904 and died in June 9, 2007. In his earlier years he wrote a book that was named Film als Kunst (Film as Art) that was published in 1932. This was his first book, however shortly after the book was released, Adolf Hitler came to power, and because Arnheim was Jewish, the sale of his book was no longer allowed. He shortly moved to Italy where he published a book entitled Radio: The Art of Sound in 1936. Both of these books I will attempt to obtain so that I can use for my Essay.
Another book I will be looking at is Michel Chion's Audio-Vision -- Sound on Screen Chions book deals with the functions of film sound in many ways, including music. and discusses theories of film music on the use of sound in film in psychological states and effects.
These Authors and texts I will be referencing in my Essay although these books go on about films I will be discussing about video games. Anyway I will do my best to update again Asap although I'm having some difficulties with time difference and i'm still suffering the effects of jet lag.
Thank you for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment